I received a special delivery of gluten free Delicious Alchemy goodies to try at the end of November and have lots of tasty recipes to share! This is one was a big hit with the family, a really simple mix and takes less than half an hour. What is better than warm golden syrup cookies to brighten up a cold winter day?
| Gluten Free | Dairy Free | Egg Free | Vegan |
Makes 10-12 Cookies
You will need a pan, large baking tray, and grease proof paper.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°c. Line the baking tray with grease proof paper (I add a small amount of butter under the paper to get it to stick to the tray).
2. On a low heat melt the dairy free butter and golden syrup in a saucepan. As the butter melts stir the two liquids so they combine. Finely chop half of the pecans into a very small crumb, and roughly cut the other half into smallish chunks.
3. Tip the Oaty Cookie Mix into the saucepan and stir through until the whole mixture has soaked up the liquid and becomes sticky. Stir through the chopped pecan nuts.
4. Divide the mix into 4 and use your hands to roll approximately 3 balls of dough from a quarter of the mix. Place each ball on the lined baking tray, then using the back of a tablespoon gently press on each to flatten it out slightly. They will spread out further while they cook so leave a good gap (at least 4cm) space around each cookie to prevent them from sticking together.
5. Place the tray in the oven and cook for 15 minutes, checking after 10 to ensure even cooking. When ready the biscuits will still be slightly soft, leave them on the tray for 5 minutes to cool down before moving them to a plate. They will harden as the syrup cools.
6. If you didn’t fit all the cookies on your tray (you may need 2) repeat to use up the mix. Eat straight away (like we did…) or store in an airtight container.
Delicious Alchemy are a specialist freefrom company based in Sheffield. Founded in 2006 their mission is simply to make gluten free taste good. Each product contains all the dry ingredients you need to make delicious, hassle free homemade treats. If you’re not immediately lured in by their beautiful packaging (which I love) check out all the incredible recipes on their website for more inspiration.